The Verkhovna Rada has registered a draft resolution approving the August 5 decision of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine to impose sanctions against Russia. The corresponding document 7640 dated August 6, 2022 is published on the website of the Rada. According to the draft card, the document has now been sent to the profile committee for review.
The document provides for the approval of the decision of the CNSD of August 5, which contains a list of economic restrictions that are imposed against Russia (the aggressor state) for 10 years.
The said list includes:
1) a ban on the withdrawal of capital outside of Ukraine in favor of the Russian Federation, individuals and legal entities established and operating under the laws of the Russian Federation, as well as legal entities, part of the shares of which belong to the Russian Federation, Russian companies or citizens of the Russian Federation
2) The suspension of special permits for the use of Ukrainian subsoil resources by entities associated with the Russian Federation,
3) a ban on participation in the privatization, lease of Ukrainian state property to persons associated with the aggressor state
4) A ban on public procurement of goods produced in the Russian Federation, as well as goods, works and services from persons associated with the Russian Federation (except for goods, works and services necessary to service Russian goods purchased before the imposition of sanctions);
5) a ban on entry into Ukrainian territorial waters and ports for non-military ships under Russian flags or belonging to companies affiliated with the Russian Federation, a ban on flights to Ukraine from the Russian Federation by aircraft affiliated with Russian companies or registered in Russian registries;
6) a ban on the purchase of securities issued by persons affiliated with the aggressor state;
7) a ban on the issuance of permits, licenses of the National Bank to make investments in the Russian Federation; termination of the issuance of cash on cards issued by companies associated with the aggressor state.
9) A ban on the transfer of technology, intellectual property rights to individuals associated with the Russian Federation;
10) a ban on the acquisition of ownership of land to persons associated with the aggressor state.
At the same time, these restrictions do not apply to the Russian citizens legally residing in Ukraine and the companies established and operating under the Ukrainian legislation by the Russian citizens legally residing in Ukraine.
The above-mentioned restrictions against the Russian Federation were proposed to the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine by the Cabinet of Ministers in March of this year.
Thus, the National Security and Defense Council supported the decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of March 22, 2022 ¹ 245-p "On introducing proposals on the application of sectoral special economic and other restrictive measures (sanctions) against the Russian Federation".